KMA Design was selected to develop a wayfinding master plan for Wheeling Hospital’s site, existing interior facility and the new tower addition, which houses the Emergency Department and other specialty clinics and physician offices. An acute care hospital, Wheeling Hospital was founded in 1850. The 276-bed facility is owned and operated by the Jesuits.
Located along Interstate 70, one of the primary goals for the project was to maximize the visibility of the facility from the highway and provide ease of wayfinding in and around the facility to patients and visitors. To do this, a large illuminated cross and logo, were added to the seventh story of the new addition. Other major signs include all site directional, regulatory, entrance identification as well as a comprehensive sign family for all required interior signs.